Advance Parole

Anytime you are adjusting status to a green card and you wish to leave the country, special permission is required to re-enter the US. This is called Advance Parole. Green Card applicants and their children under 21 must apply for advance parole before leaving the United States for any period of time, unless they are already in specific temporary worker status (i.e., H or L status). If they do not, they risk having their AOS applications cancelled by immigration authorities.

Powered by BetterDocs